Yoga Teacher Training
200 Hour Advanced Yoga Studies and Teacher Certification - With Julianna Takacs, Meredith Stephens & Special Guests
YOU: Curious, committed, and capable. You love yoga and wish to bring breadth and depth to your understanding. You appreciate the non-physical benefits yoga can provide and want to know how to bring them more fully into your everyday life. You have practiced yoga long enough to know your body's abilities, and limits, and are looking to strengthen your practice physically, mentally and emotionally. You may have a desire to share the benefits of yoga through teaching, although this desire is not necessary.
US: Curious, committed and capable. The priority of this program is to offer an opportunity for student's to deepen their understanding of yoga. The program is a rich perspective on the historical and modern applications of yoga with a focus on traditions rooted in alignment based vinyasa. While receiving a certification to teach is certainly an option, the main priority of this program is rooted in sharing the principles of yoga for personal exploration, and in doing so, deepening one's personal awareness as it relates to the communities and wider world around us.
This training includes the study and practice of:
- Yoga Philosophy - the Yoga Sutras & Bhagavad Gita
- Anatomy & Alignment - understanding how the body moves in and out of the yoga poses
- Teaching Methodology - how to guide students through a class, hold space in a room, safely sequence, give adjustments & assists, and teach to multiple levels
- Meditation - study and in-depth practice
- Science of Yoga - understanding the energy and breath body
- Restorative & Prenatal Yoga - basics in knowing when and how to offer these alternatives
- Self Care - developing a home practice, healthy boundaries, and the ability to integrate yoga as part of your everyday life *
- Business of Yoga - learn the real word aspects of making a living from teaching yoga
* Self care is a primary focus of this program. The training is purposefully stretched out over 10 months, with training hours that are digestible and hopefully manageable with your work/life responsibilities. An advanced studies course or teacher training can be an opportunity to integrate the healing principles of yoga into your everyday life. We strongly believe that integration should begin with the course/training schedule itself.
Training Dates (one weekend a month, September 2017 - June 2018)
Fridays: 6:00 - 8:00 pm
Saturdays & Sundays 9 - 6 pm
October 20 -22
November 17 -19
February 23- 25
March 23 - 25
April 20 -22
May 18 - 20
June 8 - 10
Full track (with certification) ~ $3,200
Full track (no certification) ~ $2,400
Half audit (up to 80 hours of course study) ~ $1,500
Some of the teacher training sessions will be open for the public to attend.
The schedule for the open sessions can be found here.