Yoga is traditionally practiced on an empty stomach. If you need to have something before class, a small amount of yogurt or fruit may be taken.
•Arrive a few minutes early. New to class? There is a short registration form to fill out before beginning. Continuing student? Please remember to sign in. Leave your shoes, coats, backpacks, food or water in the coat room. If you are late, enter quietly and give yourself a few moments to connect with your breath before moving into any poses the class may be doing. If you need to leave class early, situate yourself close to the exit so that you leave without disturbing others.
• Help us to help you. Inform your instructor of any discomfort, recent illness, accident or trauma so that we can adapt the practice to your needs.
• Wear loose comfortable clothing that is easy to move in. Dressing in layers gives you the most options for comfort and for regulating the body’s temperature.
• Drink water before your practice, not during. The practice of yoga postures eliminates toxins by raising the core temperature of the body. To facilitate this process, we recommend that you drink plenty of water before and after your practice.
• Please do not use scented lotion, hairspray or perfume before coming to class. These can trigger allergic reactions in people who are sensitive to them.
• Remember to turn off your cell phone. When in doubt, breathe…